Friday, February 10, 2012

Eat my shorts Tide!

 

So there are only 3 days until the end of the world my 30th birthday.  If I emerge from my hole on that day and see my shadow, will I get 6 more weeks of being 29?  Seems kosher to me.

groundhog

Last night I fitted some new orthotics for my running shoes and was super excited to test them out this morning.  To be honest, anything to help with the extreme heel pain I have is exciting. 

insoles

I ran 3 solid miles on the treadmill while listening to Pandora-Todays Radio Hits.  The really exciting part was doing the miles consecutively.  I haven’t actually run 3 miles in a row in probably a month.  It’s been a lot of one mile, stop, another slow mile, stop, finish with a mile that can almost be considered speed walking, stop.  So when I managed to keep a 10:45 pace for 3 solid miles I was stoked.  I know, small victories.  It was just nice to not feel like I was going to die.  Even enjoyable for treadmill work.

402724_10150666694143854_28177358853_11375426_915697190_n[1]

Or I could just give up and use this.

 

Yesterday I also tried my hand at making my own laundry detergent.  Don’t laugh, I’m just really cheap, and my kids have sensitive skin that requires no dyes or perfumes.  I must have given birth to delicate flowers.  Anyway, it was a fairly simple process that involved melting a bar of soap that had been through a cheese grater.

 

 

soap2

 

 

Then you mix a cup of borax and a cup of washing soda and water and let sit.  I also added some baking soda just for good measure.  I researched a bunch of different recipes but they were mostly the same, so I have a feeling that I may play around with it to get it the way that I like it the best. 

 

Soap

But the best part is the money savings.  Like 0.01 a load as opposed to 0.18-0.20 a load.  And we do a lot of laundry in this house.  I also made some powdered dishwasher detergent too.  Insert jokes here about my frugalness.

soap3

My ultimate goal is actually to be able to buy more running crap.  Don’t tell my husband!

 

100_3685

It’s also this baby girls 16th birthday.  I really feel old now.  Happy birthday to my niece, Ali!

No comments:

Post a Comment